Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need headers for my 393 Fairmont. I have found out these 3 alternatives which are for 351 W in a 79-93 Mustang:
MAC 7792, Hooker 6223, Hedman 85604.
I just dont know whether these will fit the Fairmont, the existing 351 W Mustang ones ( shorties and MAC 1 5/8" full lenght I have tried all have interference between cyl 8 pipe and the steering joint.
Also important is that the headers will not hang low - the car sits quite low.
If any of you cannot help do you happen to know a website dedicated to Fairmonts? Thanks and greetings from the north... spring seems to be here, its + 5 celsius and bright sunshine.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
When my brother had the 351 in my Futura he used the Hedman 1 3/4 headers. Fit well and the flat collector helps with ground clearance.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i have a friend that has a fairmont and he told me that anything that will bolt onto a fox body 'stang 79-93 will bolt onto his car as well.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
just make sure you have a 4 cyl or v-8 k-member. The inline-6 front end wont work with those headers!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I use the Hedman headers. 351C/Fairmont.
They have the flat collecters for ground clearance. They fit well. I think the Windsor headers will be just as good.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do these flat collectors look like, are all 4 pipes side by side? How does connecting these to exhaust work?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, all four pipes are side by side. They flow into a collection area then into a three inch round collector where you can connect to an exhaust system using flanges. I have a set on my 88 LX. They give plenty of ground clearance. These are Heddman Hustlers.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the Hedmans it will be .Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts