Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new set of FMS M-6565-L302 stock length pushrods hoping to use them in a 5.0L project I am working on. This weekend, I finally got the chance to work on the motor with hope of putting the valve train together.

I am using Un-milled World Casting Products Windsor Jr.Cylinder heads, an unmodified deck height E7TE block, Ford B-303 Cam Shaft, FMS M-6500-R302 Hydraulic Roller Tappet Lifters, and PRO-Form Roller Rocker Arms.

When I got to the point of installing the first pushrod, It was obvious that the pushrods are too short for the setup I am using. Hopefully someone out there has a similar set up and can recommend a correct pushrod (and/or length).

Thanks for the help!

Curt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vandal_89 on 4/29/02 4:38am ]</font>

·
Programmer
856 Posts
I asked the same question to my AFR head salesman. He said there is no way he can reccomend one. You have to buy/make a pushrod length checker, and check it yourself...

There is a post I previously started about this, look for it.

Hope this helps,
Chris

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm realizing that I'm not really certain what the proper valve train geometry should look like.

With the lifters on the base circle and the valve adjusted to zero lash, the "Roller" from the Rocker Arm (with the L302 Pushrod installed) appear to be sitting near the middle of the top of the valve. This seems to make sense to me in that as the Camshaft pushes the pushrod, actuating the rocker arm, the roller will tend to "roll" towards the exhaust side of the top of the valve.

The thing that looks screwy to me is that the Rocker arm appears to be angled towards the intake.

I'm new at this so I'm not exactly certain how it is supposed to "look" when the geometry is "right". Will a Pushrod Length Checker provide some technical advice on the orientation (geometry) of the Roller with respect to the top of the valve?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts