Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a '65 Fairlane 500 4-Door Sedan (VIN 5K42T117501). I've been looking for a weatherstrip kit for all 4 door seals and have been unable to find what I'm looking for. Plenty of 2-Door kits, but those don't really help me. Can anyone point me in the right direction to either a company or part number?

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Did you check with Dennis Carpenter and/or Kanter Auto Products
either or seem to have most of the stock stuff i needed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check those out. Most of the issues I seem to hit are the parts are for '62-'64 then jump up for '66-whatever. It seems like most cases skip '65 often. Probably need to start calling the companies for those cases.

Thanks for the referrals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try Dearborne classics, Melvin's Classics, & Macs Auto Antique parts; I have a 65 2dr HT, & I run into the same issues as you do with getting parts. What I have found is that a lot of engine parts are the same as 65 Mustang.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You should check over at Fairlane club of America too

If i recall, Dennis Carpenter tech. told me, they don;t list the 65 as its so damn rare, but, the 62-65 chassis are the same platform, so i don;t see why a 62-64 more door seal kit wouldn;t work for your 65

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a 62.... I noticed the back doors are just about the same as the front doors. I'm not up to that point yet with new weather stripping, but I looked and determined with a little mods to the weather stripping, it can be modifyed and look like it was meant to be....

If this works for you let me know. Thats my plan if I can't find a 4 door set, but, for the 62.... There isen't much, and I don't plan on finding a 4 door set. If you find a place for a 4 door set, PLEASE let me know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts