Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys I picked up this cool jacket from an antique store her in Conroe Texas for 40.00. I thought it was a dealership mechanic jacket but on further investigating I found out that it was a vintage racing jacket...Or I think it is.

They also make reproduction jackets like this one, but the repros have a Ford oval on the left arm instead of the square Ford logo and a "Licensed by Ford" tag on the inside. Mine has no tag on the inside.

This is just like the original ones in that it has the correct style ford logo, american patch on the right arm, ford on the left and the cool cobra patch on the center of the stripes. All patches go through the entire jacket with one exception of the dealership patch that was clearly sewed on manually.

Mine has stripes just like the original ones with one exception...The stripes I see on all online pics are on the other side, the left and not the right. Also I cant find the same color combo online.

Jim Babbitt Ford, for what I can tell is in Flagstaff AZ, on the original part of Route 66.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My father worked at a Ford Stamping plant and that jacket was available to them. His best friend had one. I wanted one so bad but never got it. This was in the late 60 early 70s.
Was that jacket the same color combo? So was this jacket not just a racing jacket for a ford promoted jacket?

Thanks for the response, really wanted to learn a little bit more about where it came from and how rare it may be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts