Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, The title says it all. I have a 1969 Mustang wiith Non-Integral Power Steering and it STINKS!!! I have chased leaks since the day it pulled into my driveway, and I am done with it!

It has been rebuilt once ( or, was supposed to anyway!) Now it is pooring fluid from the end of the control Valve where the steering arm ( conectited to the idler arm ) screws into it.

I can't tighten anything, it's tight! It is an internal issue way over my head! So I am ready to grab a smaller fan belt to run the Alt. and blow off the power steering!

I am open to any ideas, to fix the problem, or to simply make a move to manual! What would be invloved with that idea! This is going to be a weekend car, so no power will not be a big deal.

Thank you all with any help, I am at my wit's end!

Sincerely,
Ward

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
If you deciede to go the rout I did and put a manual rack and pinion system on it, DO NOT go with flaming river. They promised me a bolt in kit, well that it was not. You have to do a bit of custom work to get it to work right. I would go with a setup from TCP that has everything ready to bolt in.

·
Registered
501 Posts
All you have to do is change the pitman arn and center link. I picket the stuff for my Cougar from Rare Parts or you can special order through Autozone from Rare Parts.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Using the part above, all you have to do is take off your control valve and replace it with that. No alignment needed, no other parts either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts