Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP, S.O.S, HILFE, HJÄLP!

Well lets settle down..

As i´m just about to get the car on the road, I tryed to mount the power steering box today, But that was one h*ll of a No-no!

It just doesent fit behind the headers, And i ruined the paint bigtime on both firewall and framerail while trying to fit the box to the frame..

So, what i need to know is what parts i need to convert, And pictures are VERY appriciated.

That i need a new steering rack is correct, Or?

Do i need to change the steering-wheel shaft? Please tell me no..

This just ruined all my chanses of driving my baby this season..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just the box. No other change needed. I have one that I just switched to power. I suspect it will be costly to ship to Sweden from US. LMK if your interested.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Madsapper, Thank you for that! That means that NOTHING but the box has to be changed? It´s a direct fit?

I found a box here in Sweden for around 200$, about 250$ with shipping..

Could you perhaps tell me if the manual box is smaller than the powerbox? I guess it has to be though.

Thank you, And best Regards //Andersson.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, only the box needs to be changed. I is about 2/3 the size of the Ford power steering box. Not sure on the size difference between the manual box and the saginaw power steering box.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess with that one my life would be easier, Now i had to make a bump in my new headers to make the car driveable..

Great thanks though, I´ll do the swap sometime when i have the money for a manual box..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts