Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I brought home a bunch of misc goodies that were from a garage/gas station that closed in the 70s to sell for my dad. Some things i don't have a clue what they are but thought i'd give it a shot and see if anyone here does.

The one looks like some kind of brush for something or at least the one part of it reminds me of brush material like in a generator but don't believe this is what it is. It is about an inch long and not quite and inch long. The holder is copper or brass.

The other is chrome with a little paddle shaped lever that moves back and forth similar maybe to something like a rear view mirror but this is no where near that size. It is kind of oblong, 1" wide 1 1/4" long and has a screw hole on each side to mount it to whatever it goes to. The picture makes it look like the chrome is peeling inside but it's just the way the 'stops' on each side of the lever inside showed in the pic.

Some of this stuff, maybe the chrome things could have something to do with a bus, on the dash or something as there were new window latches for a bluebird bus in the stuff too. The gas station/garage owner across the street from this one also owned the school buses for the area so i assume that lemon's garage supplied parts for crowsons. Both stations were closed down around the same time and all that remains of the two is the building these parts came from.

Most of the parts are 50s and 60s that i carried home. Little misc stuff like this mostly.
There are no part numbers on these and no box. Most of the stuff is still in boxes or envelopes though luckily. Like door lock striker plates from 50/60s ford, merc and edsel, points and other small stuff.

IMAG0405.jpg
IMAG0406.jpg

·
Registered
688 Posts
The other is chrome with a little paddle shaped lever that moves back and forth similar maybe to something like a rear view mirror but this is no where near that size. It is kind of oblong, 1" wide 1 1/4" long and has a screw hole on each side to mount it to whatever it goes to. The picture makes it look like the chrome is peeling inside but it's just the way the 'stops' on each side of the lever inside showed in the pic.
Unity spot lite switch

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
5.0 you're spot on, thanks!
U-6002-A1 Switch Cap & Toggle Assembly

Here's better pics of the other thing. On my puter screen before clicking on the pic it is almost actual size. The pics are like just a tad bigger than the actual item but every puter screen is dif.

IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your guess is good as mine. I can say i guess there weren't many '55/56 corvettes in the neighborhood cause i have like 7 sets of points for them. lol

Since there is only one of those little doodads, unless the rest of a box of them is somewhere i will move on. Searching dist. plates now. But bout burnout for the day on the parts searches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts