Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
It's Fred , "Blown54" here @ OTW Chassis and Components. Daily, almost hourly, Doug, the owner of OTW or myself will be available for tech info.
We will both check our postings to try and answer your tech questions.
If you need to talk directly, feel free to call @ 604-534-0818

Dyno Tom, if this is pushing the line, let me know as I don't want you or anyone else pissed at us.

On another note, I also have put EngineMachine.com on as a tech too.
So, if you have clearance, specs etc that your not sure of, ron or ron will be glad to help.

Fred

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I'm sure this will work out fine.

It's a good thing to have a chassis fab guy to talk to for this kind of input.

It will be a good thing to have here for guys that have cars or trucks that need custom suspension fab work!

I talked with Chirag (67 Stang) last night about this and he went along with the deal no problem.

He is the one with the "final" say on the site,we (moderators) just go through him for any thing that we are not sure about.

It's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have one question. What kind of chassis modifications would you make for an early Mustang to take canyon roads with the greatest of ease and an occasional dirt road? I read an article in a recent Hot Rod and they had something similar, but they have certain rules to work around, so they were limited to their modifications.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Otto
Sorry to take so long getting back to you. Had a power outage and had to reset EVERYTHING.
Depending on the yr of the Mustang, the following is what we would recommend:
Frame Connectors
Tubular X-brace
Competition Style Monte Carlo Bar
Poly Urethane Graphite bushings ALL 4 corners
If this is a 66-69, I would also recommend boxing the lower control arms and lastly, put the best shocks you could afford.
These are the basics. Sure there is more but this is a good start.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Right now I have the poly bushing in the front but not the rear. I have just started restoring and modifying the car last August so I haven’t gotten that far on the restoration, but I had what you metioned in mind except for the x brace. What would you suggest as far as springs rates in the front and shocks? By the way it is a ’72 Mach 1.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[No message]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts