Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing my meziere electric w/p.Ran into a major problem.I ran the lower rad hose to the outlet out of the passenger side of the W/P.The hose is now wedged (rubbing) between the dampner and the outlet of the pump.How is this possible I have no clue?How could Meziere fab a pump and not check all clearances.
Have any of you ran in to this problemand what did you do to fix it ?
I did not try to use the outlet on the drivers side yet and it looks to be in the same spot as the pass side.

John

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Do you have a larger than normal diameter damper? I run my Meziere out the passenger side and it doesn't rub my Romac aluminum shell damper.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Also, are you running AN fittings or just hose and clamp?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a larger than normal diameter damper? I run my Meziere out the passenger side and it doesn't rub my Romac aluminum shell damper.

Nate I have a ford motorsport dampner. It must be larger in diameter.I posted on another site and another person has the same pump and fitting and it clears for them,they have an ATI dampner.I was on Mezieres website and they have an extension and a longer fitting for clearance issues.When I bought the pump I did not see these other fittings.I will call them on Monday to see which will work for me.
Thanks for responding
John

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I have the a slightly long Moroso fitting on mine and run a hose clamp for now. It's close but it does clear. Check on the extension. I read your post over on HC50.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nate I posted some pics on HC50.You can see how it rubs.
Also do you know how long the moroso fitting is?And are you running your alt on the same side(pass).Iam trying to keep the rad hose and alt on the pass side becasue iam still running a mech pump (no more room on the dri side) and Iam not ready to setup a electric fuelpump yet
Thanks for your help
John

·
Registered
206 Posts
On a similar note. I just installed a Summit SFI approved damper on my 289. I happen to be using a 302 timing cover and water pump. Anyway, the SFI damper it my stock water pump...just barely. I ended up removing the pump and was able to gain enough clearance by taking it to the bench grinder. Moral is, aftermarket dampers can create clearance issues.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Nate I posted some pics on HC50.You can see how it rubs.
Also do you know how long the moroso fitting is?And are you running your alt on the same side(pass).Iam trying to keep the rad hose and alt on the pass side becasue iam still running a mech pump (no more room on the dri side) and Iam not ready to setup a electric fuelpump yet
Thanks for your help
John
I'll check it out. I run my alt on the passenger side. Drivers side is taken up by the vacuum pump. Might be able to get some pics for you tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts