Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Dart to find out which headers they would recommend for my 331 w the Pro 1 heads and they sent me to Kooks. The problem is, Kooks only has applications for Fox bodies and I need headers for my '68. Do any of you guys know where I can get a set of 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" primary long tube headers that will bolt up to these heads and will fit my car? I like the Super Comps, but they are only 1 5/8" primary. I don't want to buy a set and find out they won't bolt up to the heads or need some serious modifications. I just wanna go faster damnit!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
What size is the dart port?...I have a set of hooker super comps (#6208 65-70mustang) 1 3/4 for a 351W...The ports are tall and narrow like a stock ford port..I just bought a set of vic jr heads and the port mismatch is more than I would like along the sides..I'm not sure how much I can grind the flanges without causing a leak in the pipe.

1968 mustang J code.....................Gathering parts for the 408W..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: frdnut on 1/14/07 1:04am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Doesn't Dart use the 2.75" or 3" bolt pattern?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I was thinking about the *real* Dart heads.
225 CNCs

Exh Port Location: Raised .135” Spread bolt pattern / SVO (3.00” bolt centers)

·
Registered
87 Posts
well guess what, nothing bolts up. but something can with work. i had trouble, finding 1 3/4" headers for my 72 ford truck with a 331. i called EVERY header manufacturer no one made em. i called custom guys there going to be like $1500.
then i got a tip and called SHOENFELD headers out of arkansas. they make dirt track and tracker pull headers. the nicest people you ever talked to. by photos and such i picked a set of headers that looked like they would fit pretty close. they even sent em to me and told me to send em back if the didnt fit.

result: i got a set of beautifully well made 1 3/4' primary fll lenght headers that were made for a dirt track fox body with a camaro front [email protected]#!?, taking right motor mount off, jacking up the motor and slightly notching my AOD, they slipped right in. left side went in without trouble. give them a try might work.

oh and they were less than $250, thick flanges and tubes also...can not beat that deal.

ask for the owner, Don, tell em the the guy with ford truck sent you.

goodluck

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just got my 1 3/4 headers for my big 347, custom head plate with the diagnal bolt pattern to fit the TFS High Port in my 65. just under 600 from accufab..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts