Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a 347 stroker using a roller block. The car will have a 5 speed conversion and 380"s in the rear end. I want a strong fast car but want decent idle and drivbility. The cam is the hardest for me to decide. I do not want a radical idle at but want a balance beteween performance aand drivibility. Can you all help with the new guy who ius in a midlife crisis. I am puting it all in a 65 fastback. Any help is greatly appreciatted. Thanks Paul

·
Registered
625 Posts
give the guys at camresearch a call they did a custom grind for my 408 and they seem to be used lots by other members on the board. As far as price goes they aren't much more then a off the shelf cam. I would deside on the cam first then depending on what you go with pick a intake and carb to match. I would say eather a air gap or vic jr and a good holley 650-750.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks tolu yopu guys for the help It ios hard to decide this stuff. You want o get it right the first time. All is greatly appreciatted. Any thoughts on Cranes Variable lifters to get better idle vacuum and high end power? Can they make this claim? Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, Rhodes also has similar lifters. They work by allowing the lifters to bleed off oil (preventing the plunger from staying at normal level) at low rpms. then at high rpms the oil doesnt have time to bleed off the oil and holds the lift like a normal lifter.

They will NOT make better top end power. They will only help to eliminate some of the low speed torque issues we encounter when dealing with larger cams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.