Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have very nice original 65 Galaxie with original rubber grommets and I have a very annoying squeak at slow speeds that happens, especially on braking. I first thought this was in the suspension components (and I think part of it was). I lubed everything there to improve it, but it still happens when coming to a stop. I can't make it happen with the car standing still and rocking it on the springs, so I think it must be in the frame to body mounts. Can somebody give some tips on how to remedy this, where to spray, etc.? Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Check the upper control arm bushings- I had the squeak issue, those needed to be replaced. Cheap parts, but lots of work to do it, but the squeak is now gone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I lubed the control arm bushings and that stopped the squeak when I bounce the car by hand, but the squeak I'm dealing with only happens when driving and really noticeable when braking. Must be the forward momentum of the car puts a force on whatever is making the noise. I'll check the strut rod bushings...at least those are easier to get at for replacement.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I had a 68 Mustang with worn strut rod bushings.
They would squeak while driving.
The rod would “work” to and fro while driving causing the squeak.

·
Registered
45 Posts
"metalic or rubber generated?" might help too. Have some 1 else drive it so as to hear it from different place. We usually hear a noise coming from where we look (maxes it seem to come from there, where we look). Drive by as U wait curb side, etc. I once rode ona food t help a friend locate.

Last, what did U change. I mean when did it surface? Think back 2 first time. May B U changed something right B4 then...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts