Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a 6 point roll bar in my mustang, for manly street use. Any bar out there that would install easily or should I have one custom made. Is it ok to bolt it in ?

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Any of the kits from Jeg's, Art Morrison, Chassis Engineering etc. are all pretty good. You need to have some tube notching skills as well as be a pretty good welder to do a nice job. You can use a chop saw to notch tubing at pretty much any angle you want with great results. 90% of the tubes I notch in my shop are done with a chop saw including high quality chrome moly tubes that are TIG welded. You make one cut through the tube at a 45 degree angle, and then rotate the tube 180 degrees and cut that side. You will have a notched tube that will need a little grinding to fit. 90 degree notches will have equal cuts on each side of the tube, and angle notches will have one cut bigger than the other. I custom bend all the cages I install as it is easier for me to do it that way and I can get a better fit.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
S & W makes the best fitting cage for a Mustang, IMO. all you have to do is notch the ends and it pretty much "just fits", at least that's been my experience. I used a Jegs, Summit, and Morrison cage in the other 3 cars and the S & W fit like it was made to. Only other cage that fit better was one I have in my Maverick...a 14 pt cage that was made by a place that is no longer in business.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
I just got an S&W kit for the Falcon - all the tubes are pre-notched, with the exception of the "pro street" tubes I ordered extra that go through the package tray. Looks nice, complete - and came FedEx for a total of $98 shipping. Nice folks too, shipped the kit in like two days after order, took me completely by surprise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts