Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a 1971 ford mustang coupe turnk lid!
Does anyone know where i can get one I have looked everywhere and cant find one
HELP!?!?!?!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Other than going through local papers, coupe lids are getting tricky to find. I know they have started to reproduce the fastback trunk lids, but no word on coupes yet. The only real suggestions I have is to keep an eye on Ebay, they do show up on there from time to time, check your local papers and Mustang clubs...and if you are not worried about stock, US Body Source offers the lid in fiberglass (racing weight though, I don't know how you feel about that). Also, I don't know how your level of familiarity with Mustangs, don't limit your search by asking for 1971...72 and 73 shared almost all the parts with each other (when I first started searching for parts years ago, I wasn't aware of that..I would ask yards about 71 parts and they would tell me no, later I would visit and find 72's and 73's laying around with the parts...some sellers aren't aware of the parts similarity in the group years of 71 through 73). Good luck and I will keep my eyes and ears open..might get lucky!
Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Humphrey351 on 5/10/06 9:27am ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts