Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I have a 36 Ford pickup with a 350 SBC that I drive all the time. I started having heating problems, especially with the A/C on and cruising. Lately, it was getting hot even on the highway. It got as high as 230 and I finally decided to do something about it. I ordered a Champion radiator with a 16 electric fan and shroud. I installed it and it seemed to work great, at least here on the place. I started to put the grille on, and saw there wasn't enough clearance to put it on because of the difference in radiator/fan/shroud thickness. I have lowered the radiator, moved it, etc. I decided to reverse the fan and install it in front of the radiator, which looks like it will work. Question is, will I hurt the cooling if I put the A/C radiator (if that is a close term) between the radiator and the motor? Clearance-wise, there is no problem. Just don't know where else to put it. I have heard of people putting then A/C radiator under the car with a rock deflector to protect it. Yawl got any suggestions? thx, Al

1 - 1 of 1 Posts