Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing the pulg wires on the wife's 93 SHO. Did they build the motor around them. I guess that they were not thinking about the next guy when they put the plug wires on. I have the front side started (plugs and wires). I've done the back side plugs before but the wires look crazy to change. Can somebody give me some help on changing them. Thanks for any help. Michael

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Yep...just helped a friend do his '93. They're a pain...built the car around the motor for sure. Do your cam covers leak into the plug holes? I hear that is a common problem on the Yamaha V6's....and my friend's does the same thing. We pulled a wire out and the hole was full of oil.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, there is oil in the plug holes, not to bad yet. I'll deal with that problem when it gets worse. Awesome car, we have had it over nine years with almost no money into it. The car is great, just strugling with the wires now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Changed the wires with out removing the intake. Not that bad after all. At first it looks bad but once you get into it, it is not that bad, just need to remove a couple of brackets and vacuum hoses. Thanks for the input .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts