Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I haven't been around lately guys. I have been having a blast with my new job. Try being the only floor computer tech for a corporation of 500+ people while all your compadres are busy with projects. Makes the day seem twenty minutes long. The purpose of this post is to help a buddy at work out. He has an old red continental with a Ford 462. Yup, a 462. The one they only made for like three years. He would like the common performance goodies like an aluminum intake and what not. Any body seen any of these goodies for a forgotten engine. He gave up looking years ago, but I told him I knew who to ask.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
check out http://www.rpmcatalog.com/ I've seen a 3-2 barrel intake and a 6 stromberg setup on there before. Also check out a copy of Hemmings Motor News.. I've seen them in there as well. Good luck in your search!! Those 462's are awesome engines.. I've got 2 Lincolns with them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
the guys with the dragsters in the late 50's and early 60's that ran those engines (430" back then) had trouble finding speed parts. There was never much made.

I think the 3-2V and 6 Strombergs and maybe a blower intake are about all you'll find. I wouldn't be holding my breath on the Edelbrock Victor462 coming out too soon

It may be possible to adapt a 351C or 400 or 460 intake to it with some fabricated spacers or welding.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Ted Cyr's "The Lincoln".

Everying is better with nitro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts