Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy is delusional if he thinks he will get 6 grand for this bucket. Looks like its missing a bunch of pieces as well. I know its a convertable, manual 4speed transmission and all but lets just assume that neither work anymore.I was just bitching to my wife earlier about the guys that list their rust buckets for an outragious price just because it is a highly sought after model. Say for instance a 64 GTO that is rusted out top to bottom and no motor,transmission,windshield, ect,ect. guy lists it for $5 K . Its insane.....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/182212408.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norcal500 on 7/15/06 12:28pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Oh boy, someone's going to get me going again! I feel you totally. We can thank our friends Barrett and Jackson for this phenomenon. Or maybe the one and only Foose, I dont know. Ive posted on this many times because I really really dont like where the hobby is going with all this. I will not comment anymore because I love this forum and come here everyday to unwind, and this subject brought about some MAJOR reactions out of people, especially a fellow FM'r that has an affinity for Kcode cars I guess. I even had to ask Admin to delete the whole thread. The way I see it is this. Between the price of gas bringing everything up such as parts and restoration supplies, the rising value of scrap steel which makes every car that is not resgistered and driveable dissapear to the crusher, and all these media sources such as the high end auctions on TV and the like, it is making the typical "Name car" ie'GTO GTX SS etc...not available to anyone but the rich now. SO, that being said, we must focus on the ones that arent so valueable now, but because of all those factors I mentioned, will be later on. Cars that are/were the stepdown model from the "muscle car" line. Yes, its a shame where the whole car hobby is going if you ask me, but we cant stop it, all we can do is try to capitalize on its weak points. Instead of finding an authentic name car or muscle car sitting in someones yard with weeds all around it (I remember a time not long ago when I could do that all day) we need to settle for next step down and turn it into something great. Satellite instead of road runner, your typical mustang fastback instead of a Mach 1. That kind of thing. I will probably never give up my 65 Galaxie for this very reason.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it is really sad but I take it with a grain of salt and laugh at the guys that shell out all kinds of money for these cars. I have never been into the "top of the line" models or the highly sought after models. It would be nice of course but nothing I'm interested in with my small budget. I always go for the underdogs. The cars that are overlooked by many. The base line models like you mentioned. Its all I can really afford with the way prices are these days.

I am an aspiring lottery winner so one day I will be able to buy whatever car I want.

·
Registered
431 Posts
All I get when I click on the link is " Page can not be displayed " . Either it sold or someone went into his yard and took it from him thinking he was more disserving. Just can't make some people happy. They get upset when people won't sell "thier" car and then get upset when others are trying to.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Here is what I am getting now

"This posting has been deleted by its author."

It must be a conspiracy. Some body dosen't want me to see this car.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry guys I don't know what up with that. Basically this is the posting and a pic of a rusted out 67 4 sp camero:

PRICE TO SELL 1967 CAMARO CONVERTIBLE NEEDS COMPLETE RESTO IT NEEDS A COMPLETE FLOOR PAN AND MUCH MORE DON'T MISS THIS CAR VERY HARD TO FIND 4 SPEED WITH 327 ENGINE NON RUNING FOR MORE INFO PLEASE CA;LL (925) 580-2804

* This item has been posted by-owner.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
still working for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts