Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The side trim clips on the fender, studs on the angles, you know, the ones that say Galaxie 500, on a 64. My car is assembled, like fenders, inners, doors etc. Since the fenders were painted on the car, how do I go about re-installing the side trim nuts? I see you can no problem for all but the last 2 sets closest to the door fronts. I really hate to think of removing the fenders just to put the trim on, but if I must I must. Anybody have any tips on how to do this or am I screwed? Just prepping myself before the time comes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did the same thing on my 64, I still have not put the nuts on the clip that is nearest the hood hinge. I am planning to change the hinges some day, then they can be reached from under the hood. The rear nuts I was able to get to from inside the door jamb with small tools and patience. Another method is to remove the lower bolts (ones from inside the kick panel and wheel well) so you just pull the fender out enough to reach up to get the nuts on.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll do that most likely, just would hate to have the hole fender off. I gotta paint then polish that piece before long anyways so after that I'll have it on. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts