659 Posts
That looks great.
You do it yourself?
I like this winter to try and do something like that on my 66

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Pretty easy. I used a big cut off wheel ( OK 20 of them ) with a grinder and cut straight down from 1/2 inch away from the inboard shock tower bolt. I stopped when I got to 1/2 inch away from the control arm mount. I bent up a 10 gauge plate to a 90 degree bent and set it over the cut away area. Then I traced out the area that was cut away from underneath and then cut the pleate to match. Then I welded it on and dressed it up. Took maybe 4 hours.

·
Registered
49 Posts
how is the fit/quality of those headers? im pretty sure im gonna get them for my 67.

im gonna have to steal your shock tower plans too, they look really good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 351stanger on 7/14/06 9:43am ]</font>

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The quality was great. The fit was horrible. I had to grind here, bang there, move one tube etc. Dont know if its because I am using aftermarket prothane urethane mounts with FE perches though. It may be all my fault. Anyway They make the only 2 inch primary header in town for those chassis so short of having $1500 custom headers made i'd say they were a good deal. I had mine coated after they were fit by jet hot. LOTS of ground clearance.and they hug the frame well.
438 inch Dart block Windsor, AFR 225 heads, 271/[email protected]" on 106 solid roller, 13:1 compression, Super Victor, crank trigger, 950 HP carb, external wet sump oiling, reverse manual C4, 4000 stall, 4.10 Dana 60, Nitrous. Street '68 Cougar. 315/60/15 MT's

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mikeandnatasha on 7/16/06 9:11am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts