Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Hey coolfalcon..........Sorry it took so long to get back to you......I didn't see my name up there until tonite.........
ooops.

I used FMS, (ford motorsports), billet aluminum girdle kit. It comes with ARP studs, thruout. All the directions are from ARP. I was unable to use/utilize the FMS crank scraper/windage tray tho. (the stroker crank was a bit TOO large, and it hit the tray)...........

If I was to do it again, I'd probably opt for a Probe or someone elses steel main girdle.

I might add that being as I"m runing a Melling HV oil pump, and a Canton oil pan/pickup, I had to modify the snot out of the billet crank girdle to make the pickup fit. (took like 1/2 off of the material on one side).........(I can send you pics)......

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Chilly yeh i seen the number on yours in the dyne section just wond about Steve's.
Thanks
Flowed my bone stock vic jr's at a friends and they flow just what edelbrock said they flowed 291 int 196 ehx

60 Falcon Prostreeter
97 f150 tow vehicle
2000 Explore the wifes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coolfalcon on 5/3/02 5:13am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
For what it's worth, my dyno operator stated that all the HP/TQ we lost from going from 13.4 to 1 to 12.4, (actual), but with the aluminum heads it's 11.4 to 1, compression ratio, we made up TONS in airflow alone.
From last years 572 HP and 517 TQ, (which I'm sure was kicked in the ass by putting the super vic on those old windsor sr. heads, to go to 610 hp and 544 TQ. Air flow alone. Same bottom end, same cam, just different heads and headers. (also Biggs prepared carb)..
Ed knows his chit, that's for sure. I hated to bolt the heads onto the engine, they were just so dammed purty!!!!!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard a rumbuling car pull up next do last night and of corse i had to check it out. It was a 90 something mustang the guys name was ED this thing was thumping hard. Got to talking about it its was a 408 stroker with aluminum rod 15 to 1 comp. maxed out ported vicjr with 2.08 1.625 valves supervic intake dominator carb .780 lift roller cam 2 inch cooks headers 710 horse at 7500 565 ft# of torque. This car was mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts