Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just purchased a 1969 ranchero with a 302 and a scoop on the hood from a guy for 700 dollars :) running!!!!! it has a lot of rust but its no biggie this is not my first rust bucket i was scoping out the car and in the glove compartment it sad non ram air 428 wat does this mean i also rebuilt the carb and now gas flow through the carb and out the spout on the top im thinking i did something wrong its my first two barrell... any one had this problem>>>?/

and one more question my vin number is 9a48f259475
any way to decode that and see wat it is

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
9 = 1969
A = Atlanta Assembly Plant
48 = Ranchero GT
F = 302 2V 9.5:1 Compression Ratio 210 HP @ 4400 RPM
259475 = Sequential body number of the Torino Line Built at Atlanta

No idea about the 428 Non-Ram Air, you probably adjusted your float out of spec to be getting fuel out the top.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i took the carb apart and i didnt put the float in right ... just lil distractions can screw you up during a carb rebuild about the plaque thats in the glove compartment.... it says non cobra jet stander suspension and tire pressure specs and all kinds of things could i have a different glove compartment door from a different car??? is there a way to post pictures i can take a pic of it

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Yes, you could have a different glove box door or parts there, a lot of things get moved around from one to another over the years. Good luck with your ride!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you i picked up another 351c 2v motor in great condition and c4 transmision for 200 dollars and it came with a holly dominator intake im pretty stoked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts