Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I keep getting "Friends" notices in my Private Messages. What is THAT all about?

JC

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hey All,
I keep getting "Friends" notices in my Private Messages. What is THAT all about?

JC

Not sure JC, maybe someone is "be-friending" you? Havent had any differences in mine. (course I dont get many PM's anyways....)

Where does it show up as?

I just checked my user CP and have 2 shown as friends and they have a different look, one to the other. In one Box its showing One person, and the other box has a greyed out area with a check box checked that says "friend requested", but am unable to uncheck the box. (hint JC THAT box has YOUR name in it) ;)

That said i dunno what it actually is meant for/does.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Personally, I need no friends. I am a rock, an island... :cry:

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure JC,
Hey Dusty,
Me either. That's the reason for this thread. Maybe to find out.

maybe someone is "be-friending" you?
Well, one of the two requests has YOUR name on it. I thought that maybe you had done something to indicate that you wanted to make it official that we were "friends".

Haven't had any differences in mine. (course I dont get many PM's anyways....) Where does it show up as?
What I get is a notice in the PM area at the upper right of the screen that indicates that there is a "notification". I click there and up comes the list of things that can happen with the PM area, and one of them is the "friend request". Click there and it takes one to a page that has a list of people who apparently want to be a "friend".

I just checked my user CP and have 2 shown as friends and they have a different look, one to the other. In one Box its showing One person, and the other box has a greyed out area with a check box checked that says "friend requested", but am unable to uncheck the box. (hint JC THAT box has YOUR name in it) ;)
!!! I didn't do anything to make THAT show up. I already consider YOU a friend! Maybe this is like an "Official Make It So" thing.

That said i dunno what it actually is meant for/does.
Me either.

Was hoping someone would know.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hey Dusty,

!!! I didn't do anything to make THAT show up. I already consider YOU a friend! Maybe this is like an "Official Make It So" thing.

Me either.

Was hoping someone would know.

JC
As i you. I guess that would be what its for, to make it official. Altho dunno if it does anything else or not. guess you need to take action of some kind accept/deny etc to make them go away.....

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey Mr M,
????????????????
Hey Mr JC,

The mayonnaise line was part of a joke in a Readers Digest 20yrs ago. This guy was having hearing trouble an somebody at a party quoted 'No man is an island'. He thought she said 'There's no mayonnaise in Ireland'. He figured she didn't think he was paying attention to the conversation, so he tossed back 'And there's no mustard in Australia!'

How's that for an obscure reference to an old joke that wasn't funny to begin with. :p

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Mr JC, The mayonnaise line was part of a joke in a Readers Digest 20yrs ago. This guy was having hearing trouble and somebody at a party quoted 'No man is an island'. He thought she said 'There's no mayonnaise in Ireland'. He figured she didn't think he was paying attention to the conversation, so he tossed back 'And there's no mustard in Australia!' How's that for an obscure reference to an old joke that wasn't funny to begin with. :p
Hey Mr. M,
Pretty funny. I like those kind of word jokes.

BUT, what is happening to my Private Message Area is no joke. It says I have "1" notification. It is from "Batwater". It says that "Batwater" wants to be my "friend". And no matter what I do, the "1" notification won't go away.

How do I clear that so that I'm not always having to check to see if I've got a Private Message when it's just this "1" notification that "Batwater" wants to be my friend?

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey All,
Just deleted ALL of my Private Messages, both Inbox and Outbox, AND all of the friend and friends requests. That made the "1" Notification go away.

Seems like a DRASTIC thing to have to do.

JC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts