Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'72 Montego MX, 351C 2V, auto, center console w/ floor shifter, full gauges- tach, original radio, black interior w/ cloth inserts, green metallic w/ black vinyl top. Looks great- obviously has been garaged most of its life. Chrome is perfect, dash has not a single crack. Paint is a little faded on trunk. Even has chrome dome light w/ map lights. Only driver seat shows any wear- small rip where cloth is sewn to vinyl. Can't see odo well enough to get mileage. They are asking 3000. If I were to pick it up it would be to resell (hopefully to an enthusiast.) What do you guys think? Will try to test drive later in the week.

JL
- 2 door...

Technical Editor

Fordmuscle.com

'65 Mustang GT, 289 (Warp 65)

'92 Mustang, 5.0 T5Z (Green Machine II)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FasterDamnit! on 4/1/02 1:14am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Jim,
You'll have a hard time selling that car for more than $4000. The time it will take you to find the right buyer won't make the investment worthwhile. However, it is extremely odd to find a MX with console/floor shifter and bucket seats. That is a combo only found on Montego GT cars.

Very rare and interesting but that still won't add any value. The collector market for these cars is weak even though these are awesome cars from a chassis and drivetrain viewpoint.

How about buying it to keep?

Jon

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually- my Dad is interested in it. I was considering Ebay to sell it. He may want to keep it. But that is IF he really wants it. I might drive it today. Cosmetically it is in excellent condition. I bet the small lot that has it will take less than 3k if I offer cash...
JL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FasterDamnit! on 4/2/02 9:56pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
You should get it. That is a good deal if you plan on keeping it. I would like to see it. Like I said, a very odd combo with the bucket seats etc in an MX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts