Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m new to this site and have been enjoying catching up on some of the forums. I can see right away there is a huge wealth of hard earned information on here and I look forward to possibly being able to share some of mine….. although a little out dated.

I spent my entire, death wish, 20s drag racing. Although not a Ford, I always drove Fords. My hay days were when the Fox chassis mustangs came out in ‘79. After just a few years these first 4 lug models were available at give away prices. Bought a ‘79 for my girlfriend in ‘85 and never looked back. Since I worked at a machine shop doing things like converting to 5 lug was a snap. Using the Ford 8” rear out of a 70s era Maverick worked perfect and gave all the instant gear selection I needed.

My profile pic is one of the stangs i had a lot of fun building, ‘83 Cobra, very built 302, converted 5 lug, 8” w 4.11:1 and Detroit Locker.

Thanks, and looking forward to talking....

·
Administrator
22,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I was going to comment on your sale ads but found this so thought I'd ask. I chuckled at your name and then saw the ads and was wondering if that's part of that guy's recovery? LOL Obviously just joking but i just had to do it! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! I was going to comment on your sale ads but found this so thought I'd ask. I chuckled at your name and then saw the ads and was wondering if that's part of that guy's recovery? LOL Obviously just joking but i just had to do it! :ROFLMAO:

Yes! it pretty much is. This and some more stuff Ill post later are the last I have of a barn full of hot rods and spare parts I had when I made the decision to get out of it, so to speak.

·
Administrator
22,082 Posts
Sometimes it's just time to call it quits...at least a reduction! I only have had the one car forever but getting older and more "muscular" it's getting harder to get up and down and under and out and I'm just generally pooping out on the car work. But I keep going on this one at least to keep it on the road! Which is how i started, cheap transport that needed work to get me from point A to B. Good luck with your recovery!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts