Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all here! i bought my 1968 Galaxie 500 a few months ago but just recently found this site,lucky me! So heres the story im 23 live in San Jose CALIFORNIA, ive always been a chevy guy (cuz i cant afford those damned mopars!LOL) but always had appreciation for beautiful muscle cars or should i say "cars with muscle" (i dont wanna get into that whole "whats a muscle car debate" LOL). Ive always had a thing for full sized cars especially.My previous car was a 1994 Impala SS with the 5.7 LT1 (i always thought 350cid was too small for a big car but thats beside the point) anyways i had that car stroked out to 381, had the heads ported a little, and of course put a decent cam in it as well as ALL the other necessary upgrades, long story short,i had the engine put in with a "hook up for labor" and after 600 miles the thing burned down (i was just happy i got out screw the car,but i think it was the wiring) so i sold what was left of it for $3000. A few months went by and i got the itch to get another car but this time no EFI,i dont want to deal with all the smog nazis especially here in cali, i was on craigslist,and i originally wanted a 63 64 or 65 Impala or 68-69 Charger but wasnt having much luck so i said screw it and typed in "1968" over at craigslist.com and saw pictures of this car and instantly fell in love,especially after i went to go see it,i love the body lines,kinda reminds me of "Richards" car in "Tommy Boy",what was that?A GTX?
Anyways thats besides the point,i bought the car for $2500. A steal,i think (although for some reason unknown to me, there aint much demand for these cars,again,lucky me). A month or so went by and my car wouldnt start anymore and ended up being the timing chain (it was missing like 5 nylon teeth) and when i put a new cloyes true double roller it wouldnt fit right,the cam dowl pin wasnt long enough to engage the fuel pump, (must have been for an EFI 390 or something or for a 390 with an electric pump). So then i put in a universal electric fuel pump,so i guess its a bit of added safety if someone thinks they can steal my car by just driving it away without turning on the pump. After that i added the hooker super comp long tubes (which IMO didnt do much,this 2v needs much better induction in the near future) and 2.5" Dual exhaust with hooker mufflers.
The damned points ignition system has been annoying the crap outta me so i just ordered the accel billetproof distributor,8mm taylor wires and an accel coil,good enough for now,but im running outta funds and im scheduled to get the car painted next month (Ford Orange Crush Pearl) looks kinda like that 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi color. Theres so much more i wanna type but its almost 3am and im probly boring you guys.heres the pics i took with my camera phone today:

I keep trying to put up the pics but whatever heres the link to my photo album
http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop4/maury/galaxie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MauriSSio on 3/7/06 5:48pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MauriSSio on 3/7/06 6:04pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MauriSSio on 3/7/06 6:06pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MauriSSio on 3/7/06 6:16pm ]</font>

·
Registered
830 Posts
Cool another San Jose ford welcome .Nice car I used the Pertronix II kit for my distributer cheep and works good

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sleepysal on 3/8/06 12:03am ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts