Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70 Torino with the hide a way headlights and the actuator has a leak in the vacuum blader. Does anyone know where or how I can repair this? Found something a long time ago about someone who repaired them but have done many searches and have found nothing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think there was a article in the Fairlane club of America newsletter within the last year. If I recall correctly it involved modifying a more common vacuum actuator to work. I'm not sure if you are a member or if you can search back issues on line. I'll try to find it but can't promise you anything.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ok, heres what I found. This was in the Jan-Feb 06 issue. The article was written by a guy who found a 69 Merc vacuum pod (motor?, actuator?) new in the box and modified it to fit his Torino. I dont think this will help you unless you have a 69 Merc pod. There is still hope for you though. Below is the info on someone who may be able to rebuild yours. John's classic Cougars 11522 E Lakewood Blvd. Holland, MI 49424 (616) 396-0390 Cougar Owners Collectors and Restorers

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
also what might help more is my dad used to work in a corvette shop says alot of the parts from older vettes are exactly the same for torinos if your in a bind i am sure you could get something to work lots more vettes and vette shops then galaxie/cougar/torino combined

·
Registered
119 Posts
That is exactly what Royce, the guy I'm pointing him to, said in his post on another forum. He used Corvette part to rebuild his Cougar headlights since both actuators were made by the same company. Get ahold of him and I'm sure he will help you out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I have learned alot. Have e mailed the people. Still think it is the motor, after shutting the car off it hisses. Tried spraying with soap but I think the leak is inside the interior blader.

Also thought about the vet motors. Thanks again.
Oh BTW here are a few shots of my Torino and Mustang.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've owned a 71 Torino 500 since 1976 and I have a complete hideaway system from a 70 4-door Torino as they could even be optioned on a station wagon.I acquired car as parts car to strip and scrap,even pulled 9in. Rear out.So I have everything from the vacuum/headlight switch,rubber lines,grommets,vacuum canister that goes in d/side front wheel well,would explain corrosion/rust,complete grill with everything except one egg rate,I believe d/s is missing need to double check,needs some grill frame repair and I believe the chrome trim has one crack/clips need replaced.I want to trade my setup for a 71 setup but I will be going electric route so don't need associated vacuum gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts