Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a set of high country special badges that came off a columbine blue 1966 mustang high country special, I took them off a wrecked car at a picknpull in Tucson Az back in 1986, had them ever since, want them to go to someone who will put them on a car or showcase them, I am not long for this world.

I am looking to get about 300 bucks for them, obo

phone is- 530-671-0407, my email is [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
FYI , there were only about 3000 total high country special mustangs made over 3 years, in 1966 there were just over 1000 built, only a few hundred of those were convertibles , and something like 33 of them were GT's.( and these badges came off a columbine blue convertible GT). Saying that , the badges were not different each year,but, if you have a mustang that is a HCS and has lost the badges ( some of them were put on with just screws, and easily fel off ) or if you would like to make your own copycat HCS,you would be hard pressed to find a set of original brass badges, and if you could find a person that is making them new, AND they still have the custom dies, you might be able to get the copys for a couple hundred bucks, I didnt think 300.00 OBO was insulting

·
Premium Member
34,862 Posts
I never said it was insulting... Just odd. The High Country models were just not great sellers and not that desirable, that's the only reason I thought it was much. I had a one of only 822 ever produced 61 Plymouth convert and only got $850 for it after about 6 months of listing it... So begin rare and being valuable don't necessarily intermix...

I'd like to have owned am HCS, but only because I was born in the high country and love the 66 stang :)

I hope you do sell them. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts