Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well winter has finally hit us up here in Montana. Looks like I won't be playing with the car much for a while. The high temp today is -5 with a low tonight of -15. On the bright side, when it's cold out I don't spend as much money on the car

Just checked the weather channel and I was wrong. High today -9 and the low is -14. Tommorrow may get to 8 above.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gbeeler on 11/28/06 11:14pm ]</font>

·
Registered
646 Posts
Supposed to turn colder here in Detroit ares soon. I'll be in the same boat as you guys but at least it won't be below zero too often! Stay warm!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
78! Holy crap! That's a heat wave! It's probably all the polution in California causing global warming just over your state
Just kidding. Sounds nice though. Choochd65: I do believe what we have here is moving your way. Be prepared, it is freakin cold!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Buttload of snow in Seattle last night. City is paralyzed, cars abandoned on all of the interstates.

I love my job. I have remote access to 90% of my clients so I get to work from home today.

Murff

·
Registered
309 Posts
Shoot, it's been in the 60s here, but the cold stuff is coming.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It got down to -19 last night! Froze some pipes in my 2 year old house. Go figure! I don't mind the 10' and teens but the below zero crap is for the penguins! Glad to hear almost everyone else is nice and toasty though!

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
48 is to be the high here in the desert today and windy. Yesterday low 50s but with 35-40 wind gusts it felt a LOT colder. Got snow just 30 minutes from here and a little snow on the hills around us. Guess winter hit here too! Was 28* at 6:30 this morning. Brrrrrrr!

Took my son to school this morning and couldn't find the one dog's sweatshirt. He's like a 70 pound chihuahua. He was trying to get under the dash where the heat was but not much room with my son's legs there so he layed on his lap.

The other dog thought it was great but he has long hair.

Deb

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
On 2006-11-28 22:41, bluelightning302 wrote:
dang 50's here recently and lows in the low 40's and im freezing my ass off!!!!!!
I'm with you! When it was 60 I thought it was cold! Going to take me a year or two to acclimate to the weather in the NW when we get moved next month!

Deb

·
Registered
174 Posts
Deb,

Seattle area won't be too bad, just a lot of rain. I'm on the east side of the state and don't get too much rain, but I hate it anyway. Would rather have snow and frozen ground. Was out working on my old Farmall tractor in the unheated barn last night when it was 8*'s.

Bobg

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
bob, 8? Are you nuts?! That's as bad as the guy I know in Phoenix out in a carport working on his Tbird with just a fan and 110*.
I know I'm going to hate the rain, been out here in the desert for the past almost 5 yrs and whine when it rains 2 days in a row!
We lived in Spain prior to moving to MD and it took me a couple years of winter to get used to the cold. Winter was warmer in Spain than it is here though, only saw frost once there.
I'll have to reOregonianize myself!

Deb

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Hubs said it was 21* by the truck thermometer when he left for work. The one on the patio said 28*. Too darn cold but at least a person can put more on to stay warm. Or in some cases, wait a little bit and the weather will change.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Just talked to my son tonight, he's at Fort Irwin, CA. Said it was in the 20's there, too.

I'm beginning to not envy you sunny southern weather folks as much.

Murff

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Northern Indiana had 65 degrees yesterday. I was out finding the sweet spot for timing advance on the Gal. Just in time to store it, because the bottom dropped out today. Cold and rainy somewhere in the 40's. I think cruisin season is officially over. Left a nice peg-leg burnout patch in the street that was over 30ft long to celebrate the coming of winter!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well like the saying goes "If you don't like the weather in Montana...wait an hour." We're up to 27 this morning at 7:00 am and should break into the 30's. Bad news is that we have 35 mph sustained winds with gust upwards of 50 mph. I need to get my garage heated so I can work on gal some more. I have some things I'd like to get done and I am not starting them until it is atleast 60's in the garage.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
How about this, It was 79 degrees yesterday at 3pm here in Fort Worth, Texas, by 7pm it was 39 degrees, today its currently 29 degrees and dropping (due to some Artic blast from Canada). Because of the cold air temperatures combining with previous warm air temperature, We are experiencing something that weather people are calling Thunder Sleet (Combination of Thunder Storms and Sleet), Just don't like cold weather.

·
Registered
194 Posts
^Thats about what I'm getting here. The high yesterday was in the upper 60's and sunny. Then it started raining at night. I threw a 80lb bag or quick crete and a 20lb tool box in the trunk because it was sleet/freezing rain only a few miles away. I even grabbed a butain torch just in case because my defroster doesn't work haha. It start to sleet on the way to school this morning and I stayed at school for about 5 mins then my mom signed me out. I'm not risking driving the Gal on frozzen roads this afternoon with all the morons at my school.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is the storm that I went through when I started this post and it's heading your way. Don't say I never gave you anything

1 - 20 of 25 Posts