Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I can't believe it!! I bought me a Hilborn fuel injection set up for the Comet. Now the fun begins in getting it converted to efi

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
When are you going to show us pictures?? Did you learn anymore on converting it to EFI??

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
What do you plan to do with the stacks? Run tall ones with a hole in the hood? Shorter ones with filters under a ram air hood? Tbolt hood?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...may no hood?!?! Well, it comes with some shorter stacks that will probably clear the stock hood. I don't want to run it w/o filters. I may end up experimenting with stack length eventually. On the mechanical efi, you can move the torque curve around via different length ram tubes. (that's why the Ramcharger Hemi's had these huge tall stacks coming out of the hood). I'll probably do some checking on how this affects cars with efi conversions. Man, I am so stoked about getting this!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
lucky dog you... i LOOOVE how older cars look with some stacks up top
very nice... get SOME PICS ALREADY!!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I would love to get a Hilborn setup for my Falcon. You are very fortunate to find the setup. I'd have stacks right through the hood!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I could have two sets of stacks (short and tall) and two hoods (with a hole and w/o), but that would be a little greedy, don't ya think? I'll get pics soon as it arrives and post 'em here, providing I can remember how
The fun part will be getting the thing adapted to efi!! Ah well, I love a challenge!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts