Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a hiss from the brake system when I press the pedal. Sounds like its under the dash when brake is applied from driver's seat. Car is '91 5.0. Only mod to brakes system is 73mm calipers in place of stock. Only started doing this a few days ago. Calipers were put on months ago.

Is the booster going out or what??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronbuell on 7/31/06 10:09am ]</font>

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Geting worse, now hisses all the time, not just when pressing the pedal. I'm gone to get the booster.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stangfanatic, If you were asking me about the electrical prob on my 87, the answer is no, not yet. When summer hit, it was with a vengence. Now job is taking time.

danzig666, Will the 94-95 booster fit the 91 master cylinder?? I was reading on a Duger site where guy had to beat in the fender well for clearance. I've got the stock booster now and was thinking about getting it in this weekend.

·
Registered
55 Posts
sorry to hear that...when you can get back to that problem, update me on where youre at and what youve done and well see if we can get you running strong again

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes you do have to "massage" your strut tower in a little bit and re-drill one hole.. Nobody will be able to notice it. If you ever plan on upgrading your brakes in the future. That booster is a must. It will fit a 91 MC.

Good luck with the brake booster install. Those top bolts suck big time. If your a really big guy....remove the driver seat.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Stang, I'll get back to you. I'm anxious to get it going too but with other stuff takin my time, its hard. I gotta keep the daily driver that does run going.
Dan, If I was going to keep the car, I'd probably go ahead and make the swap. I've started down that road with 73mm front calipers anyway... really helped. I drove a '04 GT today. Made mine feel like a buckboard, and it would stop too. Guy had done exhaust, put Cobras on it, shifter, OR pipe, and tinted the windows... jet back and looked sharp.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, finally... did a repair that worked and got brakes fixed..(was beginning to wonder about my skills). Man that top left nut on the inside that holds the booster to the firewall is a bugger!!! Didn't help that it was 98 degrees out today either. Made it much easier to take out the drivers seat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronbuell on 8/6/06 6:49am ]</font>

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah Zeph, you gotta stop before you can go.
Holy moly, I just got off the website. You must have time to do all that. I've got a CD of a Mustang that a guy in TX did a blow-thru carb setup on. Claimed 9.5 sec quarter... you must be knocking on the door.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts