Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After talking about it a few years, it was time to stay behind our bullsh/& and man up to do the annual trip to Hockenheim ring and the european dragracing event of the year way down in southern Germany. It was the 23rd time in a row for two of us and we've been doing this trip in different vehicles, hitchhiking, working in dragracing team etc etc, but now my wife's -63 Mercury Marauder S55 convertible would be our choice of wheels. I had made some small excursions in it during spring and it felt reliable enough, but I chickened out a bit and ordered an cartrain ticket to Munich from Hamburg, that'll save a good 800 km drive. Otherwise it would be a 1800 both way trip, AND we could enjoy a few german beer on the train too. It was a cool ride but the price for the four of us was too high I think, especially when you can't sleep in a rolling train. We made hotel reservations in the pitoresque river valley of Heidelberg and enjoyed the great hospitality of our long time friend Gerd Habermann at the track, who owns and drives a couple of jet cars and motorcycles, also competing in Super Comp with a two seater dragster. Now here's a few uncensored pictures from the trip and I'll get back with more text later.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts