Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body tried the Holley 4160 with Non-adjustable floats ? Do you like it better than the adjustable one ? Not looking for a big performance carb. just one i don't have to tinker with all the time to keep it going . I'v got an old Edelbrock 1406 i believe it is and has been rebuilt a lot of times. Needs it again , so i thought i would find out what i can on the Holley 4160. This will be used on a stock 302.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Dont know what shape its in but from the Holley website: Its a 650cfm and will be ok for a stock 302...

Holley Replacement Carburetors are Engineering to Improve Performance and Keep You Emission Legal. This Carburetor is Designed to Fit Several Applications. See Application Chart for Specific Details.

Installation Notes
Not Legal for Street use in California on Vehicles Originally Equipped with 2-Barrel Carburetors for which there was no 4-Barrel Option. Adapter P/N 17-6 is Required when using a "Square Flange" Carburetor on a "Spread Bore Manifold. It is not Recommended or Advised that Holley Street Legal Carburetors which are LIsted for Trucks be used on Motor Homes.

Features
  • Vacuum secondaries allow use on wide variety of vehicles
  • Single feed fuel inlet
  • Improves performance over stock carburetor
  • All emissions provisions
  • Direct emissions legal bolt on replacement for some vehicles

Parts & Kits for 0-80450
P/N DESCRIPTION 20-124 Universal Carburetor Installation kit 20-9 Throttle Solenoid Bracket 46-74 Throttle Solenoid 37-1536 Renew Kit 20-12 Accelerator pump cam assortment 20-2 Throttle ball assortment 20-36 Throttle & cruise control stud 20-121 GM TH-700R4 transmission cable bracket 20-95 GM A.O.D. transmission bracket kit

Technical Information
Addendum for Part# 0-80450
Instructions for Part# 0-80450
Application Chart for Part# 0-80450

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah,I have read all of that,just trying to find some body that has one to get their advise , thanks for putting that up it may help others.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
64 it does have adj floats, its just not a 4150 dual feed type carb... Ive ran them before and for your stock app it will work fine. Just may have to do some tuning, as you would have to do with any carb. They tune like a normal 4150 vac sec carb.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm better off if i get the 4160 with exterior adjustable floats ,at least i won't have to tear it down just to make a miner adjustment. All i going to gain on the so called non adjustable one is the shinny exterior. Thanks for the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts