Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon all,

Just when I was able to get one thing fixed the Gremlins are at it again. I have been away from my Galaxie for a few weeks and I finally had a chance to go to the storage area and start it up and the Holley Carb was spraying gas from an area on the secondary fuel bowl. Its the large circle just past the fuel transfer tube. My phone was dead so I could not take a picture, but I found another person on youtube that has a video of the same problem.

Im not sure if the fuel level is too high or perhaps too much pressure. Here is the youtube link.

Holley carb leaking!!! NEED HELP!!! - YouTube

Thanks Everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
If the plug is leaking you will need another bowl. If its leaking around the tube then replace the oring on the tube.

·
Registered
345 Posts
That round plug is held in by peening over the surrounding metal. If your carb is not particularly rare, a replacement float bowl might be your best option.
Sometimes a small leak can be stopped by peening a bit more but when you said "spraying" you make it sound pretty severe. I have seen some Holleys with JB Weld over the plug for sealing but I have never tried this myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JB Weld makes a product called Steel Stik. I used this and created a plug to fit over this area. It is working perfectly. The stick is very easy to use and is the consistency of silly puddy once you knead it. It hardens and is good to go pretty fast. I let it cure 24 hours and when I checked it, it was hard as steel and fixed the leak.

Thanks for the recommendation of JB products!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts