Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12-803 pressure regulator and plan to use one output to go to the carb and the second as a return to the fuel tank. I know Holley makes a 12-803bp to accomplish the same thing but the speed shop recommended just the 12-803. They stated that it has worked great in the past and costs about $30 instead of the $60 the BP regulator costs. Anyone out there used either regulator in the past and have recommendations on which is best.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Why do you need a return to the tank? Is it a motorhome vapor lock thing?

If so, I feel that you should just use the proper regulator.

I recently installed a 12-803 on my Torino, and it is working great in a deadhead application.

Greg

·
Registered
343 Posts
The only reason I have ever heard to have a by pass line back to the tank is to put less wear and tear on the pump. I doubt you really NEED the bypass, but if you want to do it, an extra $30 for the right part isn't exactly high dollar parts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is a M/H vapor lock thing. Presently (and I can't explain why they did it this way) they have a holley 801 pump back at the tank running 1/2" fuel line up to a "T" connection with two 5/16" outlets, one going back to the tank and the other going to a regulator then the carb. I just think the 1/2" line should go all the way to the regulator and then have the outputs to the carb and the return line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts