Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having installed two sets of metering block gaskets and bowl gaskets on a relatively new Holley 600, I have had fuel leaks on the underside of the bowl area? I hand tightened and may be crushing the blue reusable gasket. Not sure what the torque specs are or why this happened. I have done this before on lots of carbs. Any suggestions

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Greg, I've seen the torque spec. I don't remember it, but do remember thinking that I have probably overtightened them my whole life! It's not a lot.

Any chance you are missing one of the washers that go around the bolts? Or could it be coming from the crossover tube? Are the float level inspection screws installed with the metal washer? That's about all that comes to mind for me. If its none of these maybe check that there are no nicks on the body/ metering block/fuel bowl.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
Or perhaps you need to check the 4 accelerator pump screws for tightness.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the torque specs at 25-30 in pounds. Not much. I think I may have overtightened them enough to slip back inside. Have checked the accelerator screws and all is good. The blue gaskets are reusable. Hope to have it back on this weekend .

Thanks

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.