Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my car on the dyno for the first time a couple weeks ago and this is what I ended up with (see attachment). The guy running the machine said i was really lean in the low end but fin in the upper RPMs.

I am running a holley carb 65 primary jets and 80 secondaries.

any ideas on what i should increase the primary jets to?

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
size carb? mechanical or vaccum secondaries? Sounds like the jets are far apart.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
How about more on the type and size of the carb. Sounds like it is far away from standard specs for jetting. As danh said, if ya jet up the primaries, you will probably need to take some out of the secondaries. Kinda need to know what it came with stock before you get too far into it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You are lean EVERYWHERE. It isn't until you are at the end of the run before the A/F is about where it needs to be.

I'd rejet to about 70/78

Have the dyno operator select the "STD" correction next time, so you can campare one run to the next, and see if you actually making an improvements. Ambient temps, humidity, & barometric pressure chances can alter the hp/tq numbers, even over just an hour or two, if left uncorrected.

Looks like you probably have a vac.sec carb, right? You might want to go to a lighter spring.

Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts