Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Sniper single barrel for my 62 to install on my 200 about 6 or more months ago. It was supposed to be delivered in June and nothing. No communication. End of July I tried to reach out to Holley and little response, just a new date that didn’t happen. Well, a couple days ago the charge just went through so I presume it’s about to be shipped! I’ll post more as I get more. My goal was drivability and I had the idea of eventually getting a cat converter on it to clean it up for daily driving.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I got my car the fuel gauge worked but has since quit. For the efi I need to have a return line and I’m planning on installing return line through the fuel sender plate. I figured if I was going to remove it anyway and I’m hoping to not have the car down a long time I’d just order the sender now. I called and my supplier I use had it in stock. Should be here by the end of the week. Today is my first day working of 10 Straight so my first day off will be thanksgiving. I do expect to spend a few minutes here and there with the car though.
I just went through the sniper box and love what I see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I got my car the fuel gauge worked but has since quit. For the efi I need to have a return line and I’m planning on installing return line through the fuel sender plate. I figured if I was going to remove it anyway and I’m hoping to not have the car down a long time I’d just order the sender now. I called and my supplier I use had it in stock. Should be here by the end of the week. Today is my first day working of 10 Straight so my first day off will be thanksgiving. I do expect to spend a few minutes here and there with the car though.
I just went through the sniper box and love what I see.
I did the full Sniper install on my 363 small block stroker (66 fastback). EFI fuel tank, in tank pump, vent line, return line, etc. After that I did a sniper install on my 66 coupe 331. This time I had discovered the Holley Muscle Car EFI Module. It’s an in tank, returnless setup (the return is built-in to the pump and returns excess fuel directly in the tank.) Works awesome! Super simple. You use your original tank, original fuel line, etc. So simple, clean, easy, and cost effective. Check it out:

Holley Sniper EFI 12-305 Holley OE Style EFI Fuel Tank Module - 255 LPH

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did the full Sniper install on my 363 small block stroker (66 fastback). EFI fuel tank, in tank pump, vent line, return line, etc. After that I did a sniper install on my 66 coupe 331. This time I had discovered the Holley Muscle Car EFI Module. It’s an in tank, returnless setup (the return is built-in to the pump and returns excess fuel directly in the tank.) Works awesome! Super simple. You use your original tank, original fuel line, etc. So simple, clean, easy, and cost effective. Check it out:

Holley Sniper EFI 12-305 Holley OE Style EFI Fuel Tank Module - 255 LPH
That is great. I’ll have to look a bit further. My car is actually a Ranchero but of the falcon variety thus I’m here. Ranchero and wagon designed different fuel tank.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My research says that the red wire with green stripe is the one that will provide 12V during crank and run that the sniper requires. I purchased the new pigtail and I have yet to verify on the car. My fuse box attached to headlight switch is a bit corroded and has caused some issues so I purchased this and will run some functions to a new fuse block. I expect I’ll run this red/grn there so I can split to distributor and the efi.
Gesture Finger Gadget Line Material property

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
And today I received my new fuel sender. Haha. Isn’t it great buying a part and then finding out there is a better option
No to worry, it's just a different way to accomplish what's required, that isn't all good necessarily. There are compromises in every choice. Your job as project manager is to find the best fit of compromises into your needs, preferences, knowledge and resources.

In the case of the Holley sender, it blocks air entry (super important) by using a HydraMat.filter, while adding a built-in pump and regulator on the sender. You can do all of that with yours, or a dozen other ways to do the same things (block air, adding a fuel pump and regulator).

One compromise is the deadhead fuel flow with the Holley unit. Deadhead has it's own set of issues to deal with, so it's not a free ride after spending all that money. I'm not disparaging Holley's stuff, but stating what they didn't - it's not all sparkles and Unicorns. You should know those compromises in order to make good decisions for your project. The path you're on is just one of many alternatives with different compromises. Do your thing! :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I’d mentioned the red wire with green stripe as the power during crank and run. Doesn’t work right at the ignition switch. It’s only crank power there. It joins with another wire I’ve read before it comes through firewall. I may solder a second wire into the wire on the engine bay side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts