Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and greetings from Finland. A local team has put together a wicked 64 Fairlane Super Gasser. The engine is a stock displacement 351C (0.030) and has all stock parts:
stock block with block filler
stock reconditioned rods
homeported iron 4V heads
strip dominator intake
13.8 comp ratio
270/280 degree flat tappet cam(!) with .620/.620 lift.
Result: 680 hp at 7600 rpm and 503 ft.lbs at 6000 rpm.
I am not a member of this team personally so I am not the right person to answer any questions.The Fairlane has same trap speeds as a local bigblock chevy powered gasser.That engine has also been dynoed at 680 so I believe these figures are true.
Geez, these iron 4V heads really do flow !
Once again, sorry I am not able to provide more figures/facts !

·
Registered
945 Posts
Aaahh....so whats the trap speed?

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trap speeds are normally 138 mph.The best is 141.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Amazing!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Can you get a little more info about the combo for us??
Cam specs, type of pistons used, carb size and mods, header size and length, flow numbers for the heads, etc??

·
Registered
323 Posts
My friend has a 68 cougar with a 351C built up with a high rise single plane manifold, cobra headers, air ram, crazy roller cam (i dont know the specs
). That thing hates to run at anything below 3,000rpms, it'll do it, but it definetly hates it. With that four speed in it, it'll run through the gears quicker then you can scream whoaaaa (i guess thats my aukward wording moment of the day). We've left many a muscle car in our dust with that car. I'd definetly believe that these specs are true.

·
Registered
578 Posts
These numbers are not out of reach I can remember the old pro stock 351's running mod heads and dynoing well over 800 HP . NHRA re factored these engines 7 times to try stop them from winning PRO STOCK. One of my buddys had a B/super mod Mavrick that ran high 9's with aboss 302

1 - 11 of 11 Posts