Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my recent accident of my hood, I need to get hood pins if I decide to continue using a fiberglass hood (which has not been fixed or replaced yet).

What brands are the best or reliable for daily use? I don't want something to crap out on me when I'm on the highway. Locks? I don't want no thief to steal my hood or any engine components.

I've considered Dearborn and Shelby, but they're over 100 bucks- they worth it or are there better or same for less?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
You don't mention what car they are going on. If you have a 69 Mach 1, then Ford Racing makes some in that style. Not sure they would be "concours" for a show car, but it doesn't sound like that's what your after if you were using a fiberglass hood.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Mr Gasket sells some. Have a set on the Falcon, been there maybe 15 years. They are 1/2" diameter chrome plated steel so they will not fall off the car if installed properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey go to www.autokrafters.com the site is a parts co for ford and mainly ford fairlanes the hood pins they would choose would be the ones to use. call the number on the site and ask for a free parts book. and or order off site. ive rebuilt 2 fairlanes so far and autokrafters has had all i need in parts and at the right price. good luck man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.