Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired an original 69 Fairlane/Torino/Stang scoop. I THINK it came from a Torino GT, but the part number is throwing me off. It's the one with the grille in the front, and the turn signals in the back. I have the complete thing!

Part numbers on the underside:
C9OB-16C664
C9OB-16056
C9ZB-16C664
C9ZB-16056

What I know so far, is the C9 is 1969, "O" is Fairlane/Torino, "Z" is stang. "B" is body part.

What's throwing me off, is ALL the hood scoop part number's I've found all end in "Z" which is service part. And I haven't found either one of my actual suffixes (16C664, and/or 16056) ANYWHERE.

Does anyone know what this sucker is off of, or where I can find out? I had one just like it on my 1979 F150 4X4 and it looked really good on the truck, but I seriously doubt this one will find it's way on my Fairlane, so I'd really like to know exactly what it is for the swap meets!

Thanks in advance guys!!!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Wonder if it shares some parts with the scoop off the 1967-8 Fairlane and Mustang hoods? These also had rear facing turn signals.

Wm.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All 4 of those numbers are molded right into the scoop.

I found out why mine has a "B" body, instead of a "Z" service. Evidently only the ones installed at the factory (or dealers) had the "B" becuase they were original equip. Anything shipped to a Ford Parts dept. had the "Z" because it was then considered a service part.

But why can't I find my number anywhere?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts