Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
It looks right at home on there but if I can make a suggestion get the factory ford bolt on scoop instead of trying to bond that one on a steel hood. 99% of the time the body work ends up cracking because of the differences in the expansion and contractions of the fiberglass and metal you can find the 69/70 torino mustang hood scoop that one is coping for about 125 to 150 for one on Ebay less with out the turn signals and front grille.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I do use it I'd rivet it on since I know about the bonding issue. This car is not going to be a show car. I'm going more purpose built no frills toy. Though the hood is so dent free like the rest of the car I really don't like the idea of cutting it.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I'd go factory as well. Clean, known bolt locations, saves time, and won't devalue the hood even with a fresh air duct hole. This scoop is on FeeBay at $37 with 9 hours remaining, along with a bevy of others. Just my 2¢.

David

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Use it as it sits, it's very simple to just get some fancy screws and some nice weatherstripping and simply screw it to the top after both are painted. Not messy and looks great.

For some reason there is a general opinion that folks need their hood scoop to "look factory" which is so stupid it makes me want to punch them in the nards, there are so very few factory scooped cars that nobody in the world is going to give a crap one way or the other about it screwed on nicely or welded on...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts