Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

will hookers 6208 fit a 302 in a 66 stang? I also wanted to know if they will work with the windsor jr heads also?
Looking at how the tube turns down it looks like it would work with the windsor jr being they have that funky spark plug angle,I know the 351 w block is taller and trying to fit these on a 302 it would sit lower but does anyone know if it would work or has anyone here fitted these headers?
I have been trying to find a 1"3/4 header for my car so far no luck.I tried the hedman husler header and they didnt work.Hedman swore up and down they would work, well that was a waste of time.The drivers side plugs were resting right on the header tube.

John

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I never tried mine on a 302 but they do tuck up very tight to the floor boards with a 351..That means they shouldn't hang down too far with a 302..I am not sure how the slightly narrower engine will affect chassis fit though...I have lots of pics of mine if you are looking for anything specific that may be able to help you.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
You might try FPA. I believe they have two options... a 1-5/8" to 1-3/4" step, or a 1-3/4". Call them to be sure. But, that's what it looks like from the footnotes.

If buying from FPA, I'd have them change the ball/socket collector for standard, full length collectors for best performance.

Ford Powertrain Applications

Accufab might also have something for you.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never tried mine on a 302 but they do tuck up very tight to the floor boards with a 351..That means they shouldn't hang down too far with a 302..I am not sure how the slightly narrower engine will affect chassis fit though...I have lots of pics of mine if you are looking for anything specific that may be able to help you.
thank you ,if i need any pics I will pm you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might try FPA. I believe they have two options... a 1-5/8" to 1-3/4" step, or a 1-3/4". Call them to be sure. But, that's what it looks like from the footnotes.

If buying from FPA, I'd have them change the ball/socket collector for standard, full length collectors for best performance.

Ford Powertrain Applications

Accufab might also have something for you.

Good Luck!
Mike, I talked to fpa in the past they dont make a header that will work.
accufab that guy basically told me his headers work but If I have any doubt dont order them.Im like wtf does that mean,you say your header will work but if it doesnt I m **** out of luck.
from what i have read accufab headers are made by a company in Cal called RCI. iam going to try and get in contact with RCI and see if this is the case and if so will they work with world heads.
I originally posted about hooker swap headers because looking at the pics the tubes turn down and basically look like they will clear the plugs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is a link where I posted pics of the husler headers you can see how the first two tubes are resting right on the tube,and this was told to me that they will work,that would be a big fat NO!

hooker 6208 will it fit a 302?

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I think the 6208s will solve your spark plug issues..The front tubes turn pretty much straight down and the #3 and #7 cylinder pipes go up and over...Here are some pics of my test fitting them on my 351 block..It is not a 302 despite the sticker on the valve covers :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Frdnut, do you have any straight on pics of the drivers side header you could post?

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you mean straight on from the side?.. I didn't have any in my archives...I can take one of it in the car..Is there something in particular that you are looking for?
Yes straight on from the side where the plugs are.I looked through your post if thats what you ment by archives, i didnt see any pics other then the ones you posted here.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I went out and took some more pics..It's very difficult to get a decent picture with the engine in the car but the tubes are very similar to the other side of the engine as far as where they meet up to the head.They pretty much go straight up or straight down from the port...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pics Frdnut.I am going to compare them to my current headers,it looks like these will work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frdnut I found a good used set only thing is they dented some of the tubes so I doubt i will coat them,but I am going to fit them in car soon.
If they fit well and im that hung up on having a perfect set, I will buy a new pair n coat them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts