Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Hooker headers #6116 or 6208 they are made to use on the Dart/ World product heads in a old mustang/comet 1964-70 the 6208 are 1 3/4 and the 6116 are 1 5/8

Alan

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have had both!. The 6116's were a B*itch to install. Had to jack the motor up on both sides, plus remove idler arm. Also had to run the Accel #276S shorty plug to clear the headers with my Windsor Sr heads. These are decent plugs, BTW, just nobody locally carried them. These headers will clear a C-4, but will not clear a C-6 or Powerglide.

The 6208's have much better build quality, fit easily. Didn't have to jack the motor up or remove anything. Regular plugs also work with the same heads.

Go with 6208's.

Later,

David Cole

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have a 66 comet the headers we use no are comp 6901 and we can put them in from the top it take about 15 min to install now
we just want a better set of headers super comp and our heads are world product heads we have two plugs we have to losen up the headers ro chang them and the plug boot is to close to the flange.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
Rad,

Are you running a 302 or 351W? The #6208 headers are for a 351W. I can't see ANY headers fitting a 351W in a 64 Falcon with any ease at all!

Is the Falcon's engine bay exactly like the 65-66 mustang? If so, the #6208 Hookers might fit on a 351W, but it will be tight. The 67-up mustangs have a bit more room to work with.

The 65-66 mustang super comps are part #6111, and are supposed to work with World Products heads. The regular comps are NOT designed for WP heads.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we are running a 302 with W/P heads in a 66 comet and a four speed it is a drag car only never sees the street It's like a fairlane 66-67
Alan

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, can anyone help on what headers to use we had a set of 351 W heads in the comet that were made for 69 stang that fit even with the clucth linkage a few years ago, but hooker does't make them anymore. 66 comets are like the 66-67 fairlane big bodys.
Alan

·
Registered
314 Posts
oops, My bad.

When you listed the 6116 and 6208 I automatically thought you were running a 351W.

There is a company that lists a header for a 62-71 Fairlane or Torino with those heads.
http://www.headersbyed.com/carhdrs.htm

You might check them out. Word is that you won't find any better made header, but that they are a little slow and the guy can be a pain to deal with.

Later,

David Cole

1 - 10 of 10 Posts