Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to locate the factory horn(s) on my '04 Ford F350. I want to tap into the wiring and add a louder horn to the system. Are they behind the fender liner on the passenger side or what?

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Easy. Get your helper to stick his head in the engine bay and hit the horn. He'll tell you where it is.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not sure about 04s but 2002 is behind the inner fender on the passenger side,real fun place to get to!!!! Nice looking 65 Falcon in your avatar!!! ROY.

·
Registered
718 Posts
on my 06 f350 the driver side one is under the battery tray and the pass side one is in the fenderwell and you gotta remove the fender well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
On one of the semis I used to drive I installed freight train horns with a custom bracket I made under the sleeper...yep...real loud! No more issues with people in my blind spot! Install youself a compressor and a some big rig air horns and bingo bango you have a real set of horns! That way you can install airbag suspension as well!

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Easy. Get your helper to stick his head in the engine bay and hit the horn. He'll tell you where it is.
Tried that actually. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side fender well.

Not sure about 04s but 2002 is behind the inner fender on the passenger side,real fun place to get to!!!! Nice looking 65 Falcon in your avatar!!! ROY.
I think that's where they might be too. Thanks for the complement on the Falcon. I have a few photos in the Garage section here too.

On one of the semis I used to drive I installed freight train horns with a custom bracket I made under the sleeper...yep...real loud! No more issues with people in my blind spot! Install youself a compressor and a some big rig air horns and bingo bango you have a real set of horns! That way you can install airbag suspension as well!
I'm actually doing something like that but with simi horns. I have an on-board compressor for my air bags that I'll probably be using.

John

·
Registered
841 Posts
HORN

REMOVAL

1. Remove the battery tray.

1. Remove the horn assembly bolt.

1. Remove the RH fender apron retainers.

• Remove the RH fender lip to RH fender apron screws.
    • Remove the RH fender apron to inner fender bolts.

1. Remove the horn assembly.
1 Position the fender apron aside to gain access to the horn assembly. 2 Remove the horn assembly.
  • Disconnect the electrical connector.
INSTALLATION

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Tried that actually. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side fender well.

I think that's where they might be too. Thanks for the complement on the Falcon. I have a few photos in the Garage section here too.

I'm actually doing something like that but with simi horns. I have an on-board compressor for my air bags that I'll probably be using.

John

Thats awesome! Always wanted to do that to a truck but I have enough on my plate keeping all my crap running between the tractors,suv's,trucks,n cars!

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats awesome! Always wanted to do that to a truck but I have enough on my plate keeping all my crap running between the tractors,suv's,trucks,n cars!
It's a dually and we pull a 33' fifth wheel RV trailer. It's amazing how many people either don't see us or maybe don't care that we're 20,000 lbs rolling along the road and pull right out in front of us! This will help "remind" them we're there. ;)

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts