Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
Push down in center of horn ring and turn oh wait, you are asking about the center that says galaxie or has the emblem etc. Carefully unbend the metal tabs that hold it in from the back. I think that's how mine is. I was going to take it out to get rid of the dust/dirt inside but then chickened out cause i thought i might break the tabs off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly, ShotRod. I took out the metal and plastic washers and rubber piece and got to the tabs. I didn't have any tools that could unbend them easily and started to get nervous. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has removed that plastic emblem piece successfully. I polished the outside, but there's dirt and scratching underneath that I'd like to take care of as well.

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
Someone might have a tip or two, i know there is one or two here that i think removed them. I would think the best you could find maybe is a screwdriver bent on the end or a paint can opener with the edge ground to a thin edge. Other wise no suggestions left from me at the moment. I decided to just carry around some oregon dirt everywhere like a small bottle of sand from Hawaii or ash from Mt. St. Helens since i chickened out on the tabs. lol Since they say i had to change to WA plates, doesn't mean i can't keep my Oregon dirt! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts