Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the 61 Sunliner made the event. An unbelievable amount of work went into the last couple of weeks to get what I considered respectible to go as as a "Survivor" with mostly original paint, with the exception of some spray can original color touchup paint to cover the quarter panel replacement. I didn't recieve the paint or Upholstery kit untill Friday, I was working on her all the way till we pulled out of the driveway.

Staging downtown Reno

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought I might have the only 61 Sunliner at the event untill I heard about this one that went across the block at the Silver auction. Says it sold but don't know for how much.

Mike

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It is nice to see pics of your car. It must have felt great to get to drive it around all those cars.

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
OMG, what is that jacked up car in the background? It's about to mount the back of your convertible!

Apart from that LOL, very nice and thanks for posting them up.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The more I drive it the more I like it.
I'm Getting to trust it more. It still doesn't like slow cruising in traffic, warms right up but doesn't act overheated. Though Saturday night I got caught up in traffic and by the time I got to the hotel and shut it off it puked antifreeze. I've tried driving with the heater on and the second day there I put in an electric pusher fan but didn't seem to help. I'm going to put an aftermarket temp gauge in and see where it is actually running.
Mike

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kind of cool getting hi Fives and guesses as to what year it is. I didn't just sit around in a lawn chair by it all day but when I was there people stopped and showed interest, after all, what else is there to say about a tri Five Chevy or Mustang?
Mike

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Yeah I figured it was a gasser, but they look pretty crazy on the street!
Bet it handles those corners like a sponge.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've never been and did not make it this year yet again, but on my way back down to the SF bay area with the 68 LTD, I saw a lot of oldies returning from the event.

Gotta give you grief for parking in the red zone! LOL!

Sounds like you have a cavitated lower radiator hose.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, the event staff parked me there. Street is closed for the whole week.
I have a spring in the lower radiator hose to keep it from collapsing.
I'll bet that gasser handles more like a stage coach......
Mike

·
Registered
338 Posts
Although I am certain such collectors exist, in general, I do not find that car collectors snobby at all.

I make this assessment based on a number of times when I was driving one of my shall we say "less than pristine" cars (like the 68 4-door I was driving this weekend). Despite that my ride is typicically sub-perior to the other guy driving the flawless oldie next to me, I usually get the old thumbs up.

In short, car people are good people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts