I have a 65 comet and I just put a 88 5.0 in it. I relocated the battery to the truck and as I'm rewiring things I'm now taking power off of the solinoid. My battery was dead so I put my truck battery in it so I could have power while diagnosing a no headlights/tail lights/brake lights problem (the headlight switch is brand new too), but while I was doing the diagnosis I noticed that my alternator and voltage regulator were heating up. Is this a problem and how can I correct it if it is? I really don't want to start a fire in my baby. Thank you very much for any assistance or opinions.