Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an old saying: In the spring a young man's fancy turns to love.

The way the weather is is Georgia an old man's fancy is turning to love too. I seem to be putting more and more hours working on the refugee from the peanut patch. Lately been putting 10,12, 16 hours working on that darn thing. If that's not a labor of love: I don't know what is!!

It is still nice to listen to country music, drink good German beer, and build a nice vehicle, in the evening and night. I don't think I will ever not think young, act young, and feel young. When I have 10 toes up I will still be glad that I live the life that I do.

As long as my wife keeps the Warstiener supplied, and I can devote the daylight hours to keeping the yard work looking nice. All will be good.

Really looking forward to tomorrow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 4/15/06 1:04pm ]</font>

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Its good that you're looking forward to tomorrow. Sometimes theres nothing like wrenching around with nothing to worry about.

It's been so long since I've worked on a car I downright enjoyed replacing the disgusting and greasy alternator on my daily driver the other day, and that things buried under all sorts of stuff.

Theres another saying, that goes: You're only as old as you feel. Keep doing what you love, and you'll stay happy.

Post some pictures for us people that don't have a car to work on if you get the time. That way I can turn wrenches vicariously through someone who's got the time and money.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Check out my thread and Wildo's under the Galaxie Forum. There's quite a few pics that will put you in the garage daydream!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gary : and a Happy Easter to you, yours, And all the forum members.

Mama fixed the traditional Easter Feast and we had the daughter and her ex-husband over. Really pigged out. Now it's nap time.

After the nap it will be time to put on the old clothes, and maybe hang the gas tank on the Ranchero. Then I can drive it to pick up a few bags of sand to blast the bed. Most of the body work is roughed in except the tailgate. Really need to find a good one. I have found one at my friends junkyard; if I can talk him out of it.

Mama is planning on retiring in September, so I may sell the Galaxie and Pinto project. Just keep the Ranchero. Probally gonna have too many Honey do,s around the house and yard then.

BTW: Chooch, I have been reading the post. After more than fifty years I have pretty much been there and done that. But it is still hard to get it out of my blood

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 4/17/06 3:31am ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts