Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
22,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the tornadoes there on the news. I know JC is way south and i have a friend in Cleburne which is south of Ft Worth that posted on FB about an hour ago saying the dogs were taped to the oak tree and he has the bungee on his ankle ready for a ride in the same tree. It is a good sized tree in the yard but think he would get more ride than he bargained for!

I just can't remember the nics of the couple of others in the area, know there are a couple of them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Frisco area here everything is OK.Galaxie is in the garage so I had to take the Challenger to an underpass and sit it out hail was only pea sized but I don't want any hail damage to the Challenger again.

·
Registered
977 Posts
On my way home from school from Livingston.I passed thru Onalaska around 4;20 p.m. . everything looked fine.I live 2east of Onalaska in Pointblank,Tx. Everything is fine here as well.. We are under survere THUNDERSTORM watch till 1;am As for now all is calm, the creek is a little swollen but it been like that for a week now.

·
Administrator
22,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That hail can sure beat things up!! Glad to hear you are ok over there. I'm wondering what term JC will have for this one. With his frog stranglers and gully washers, wonder what hail is? :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
No tellin. It's 2:41 a.m. here. The thunder woke me ,Igot up it was daylight from lightning . I check the rain gauge and it had an inch of rain
in it ;'' a turd floater some would say'' I awake migth as well do a little
studying for my TCELOSE test today..

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I'm wondering what term JC will have for this one. With his frog stranglers and gully washers, wonder what hail is? :)
Hey mon Deb,
The storm that hit Dallas/Ft.Worth came through here starting on Sunday night, and continued till just after midnight this morning, though it was not a continuous storm. There were lulls.

Here in Onalaska, it wasn't anything horrendous like it was up in Dallas/Ft.Worth. We didn't have any hail, or tornadoes. The rain just came down, sometimes really hard, but mostly just regular.

So far this year, by the middle of March we'd had more rain that we had ALL of last year.

The forest, thicket, and landscaping are all loving it.

The big problem this year is the insects. We didn't have any kind of freeze during the Winter months, and so all the insects survived. The sand fleas are bountiful. The house here has enough insecticide sprayed on the carpets to get it declared a toxic wasteland, so any fleas that DO get inside don't last too long.

BUT, the mosquitoes are especially egregious this Spring. Can't step outside in the morning or evening without getting immediately bitten.

One of the neighbors had a horse that got out of his barn and down into one of the creek/swamps, where the mosquitoes got it. They ate it up in about an hour, and by the time the neighbor found the poor old thing, the mosquitoes were playing horseshoes. :)

Anyway, Ms. American and Lorrie Van Haul are fine, so all's well that ends well.

JC

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Every thing fine in Mesquite, most of the bad stuff went south of us. Although, about 2 miles from my house a Speedy oil change store was wiped out - roof, front and back walls. It was strange, the O'rielly and Racetrack on each side of it had no damage. It was like the tornado just dropped down and got the Speedy and went back up without touching anything else.

·
Administrator
22,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cpike, that really stinks!! Sounds like all came through it all ok 'cept the horse the skeeters ate. ;)

I saw that trailer fly too!! Several years ago when the tornado went through MD east of DC it took our friends fence out behind their house and twisted the house next to them on it's foundation and couple others got some bad damage including down the street where the wall facing the water was all that remained. The tornado crossed the river there and must of came in one side of the house and blew out the other or rather that's how it looked. But our friends house just lost a few shingles. Our car trailer and a wood pile was against the fence that was ripped out but those didn't move. So odd how they work. Guess the line on the movie twister has some truth to it. "You've never seen it miss this house, and miss that house, and come after you!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.